Saturday, January 31, 2009
Boy tri puppy says hi :) Still have 5 puppies left, and they're so FREAKING cute! This little boy may be going to a new home soon though.
This little guys horns are SO freaking cute. This is one of our little wethers out of Lapacho.
Baby llama says hi! He'll also be looking for a new home in a couple months.
Thors BEAUTIFUL SOFT fleece FULL of VM...Click to biggify...lol. I'm hoping to get it all clean and into a lady who hand spins and lace knits! I'd LOVE a wedding shawl out of him...I just LOVE snuggling with him. Softest thing I've ever touched in my entire life.
Here's a photo of the horn Isaac broke off him. It's growing back nicely I'd say.
Here's good side and bad side. He's a very lucky boy. Still have the horn...kinda like a kid losing a tooth...think there's a horn fairy? lol
Beautiful Artie (Sheltering Pines Arturo)
Anisa says "Bye for now! By the way...I'm cute!" She is my little doll...
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Copy and paste, then bold the things you’ve done and unbold the things you haven’t done.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child-
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked-
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job-
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle-
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Sunday, January 18, 2009
I love my little puppy; she makes my house a home.
She is my very sweetest little friend; I never feel alone.
She makes me smile; She makes me laugh; She fills my heart with love . . .
Did some person breed her, or did she fall from above?
I've never been a breeder, never seen life through their eyes;
I hold my little puppy and just sit and criticize.
I've never known their anguish; I've never felt their pain,
the caring of their charges, through snow or wind or rain.
I've never waited the whole night through for babies to be born,
The stress and trepidation when they're still not there by morn.
The weight of responsibility for this body in my hands,
This darling little baby, who weighs but 60 grams.
Should you do that instead of this . . . or maybe that was wrong?
Alone you fight and hope, one day, he'll grow up proud and strong.
You pray he'll live to bring great joy to someone else's home.
You know it's all just up to you; you'll fight this fight alone.
Formula, bottles, heating pads, you've got to get this right,
two-hour feedings for this tiny guy, throughout the day and night.
Within your heart you dread that you will surely lose this fight,
To save this little baby, but God willing . . . you just MIGHT.
Day one; he's in there fighting; you say a silent prayer.
Day two & three, he's doing well, with lots of love and care.
Day four & five . . . he's still alive; your hopes soar to the
Day six he slips away again, dies in your hands, day seven.
You take this little angel, and bury him alone.
With aching heart and burning tears, and an exhausted groan,
You ask yourself, "Why do this? . . . Why suffer through this pain?"
Yet watch the joy your puppies bring, and everything's explained.
So, when you think of breeders and label them with "Greed,"
Think of all that they endure to fill another's need.
For when you buy your puppy, with your precious dollars part,
You only pay with money . . . while they pay with all their heart.
.... Author Unknown....
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Anyway, walked outside my house today at 10 am to a balmy -26F! Oh, and with the windchill making it feel like -40...WONDERFUL! lol. We're suppose to have this lovely weather for a few days, then it will return to normal...I will be out in shorts in 8 above! lol. Here's some photos I took outside the house today... :) (Click to biggify!)
This was my bench...
The nice snow pile in front of our grill..and our tiny little path that is well utilized by rabbits and other rodents :)
My last year projects that were never completed...and yes, that's a food dish under the chain link...was helping an unknown furry friend who was hungry :)
Pretty frosty spiderweb!
Me in Dennys camo jacket, pink and purple stripped PJ pants, and green fake crocs...
More frosty spiderwebs
And our frosty door!