Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The biggest shopping day from hell....

Who's ready for Black Friday?! Well, I work Thursday night into this maddness...*sigh* Walmart will be staying open, and sales will begin at 10pm. 10PM! What is this world coming to?! Next year Walmart will probably begin sales at 9! And I heard a rumor that beginning next year, we will be open through Christmas. Seriously? What happened to our FAMILY company? I tell you, if Sam Walton was still alive, it wouldn't be like this. Money, money, money, that's all they care about. I was out on Black Friday once with my mom before I started working overnights, and while I enjoy shopping with her, it wasn't nearly as crowded as it gets nowadays, nor was it as chaotic. People have gotten KILLED in the last few years. So sad. And so I'll likely be doing a majority of my shopping Cyber Monday(being it's my day off :D ), and a majority of that on homemade stuff, or supplies for me to make my own homemade stuff. I encourage everyone to make your own gifts. There is a sense of pride that goes into making your own gifts, and if they're useful gifts (i.e. clothing, etc), they may just become a family heirloom! I hope everyone has an enjoyable holiday season :) /endrant :)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

BLACK FRIDAY---boo hiss! I refuse to shop on Friday - just on principle. Yay for you to give hand made! Or shop Small Business Saturday! Hope you can make the best of your Thanksgiving!