Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 155...Meet Woody and Buzz Lightyear!

So late that Buzz is missing a patch of fur and has horns!! It's hard to tell from the photos, but I *believe* Buzz is a DARK DARK moorit...I'll have to get him out in the sunlight to tell for sure. Both boys are absolutely Ag. I find it odd that Woody is missing the lower facial marking of a katmoget around the muzzle. Woody is also missing horn buds. Odd little boys, but boys and momma are doing grand, both boys suckled while I was there. There's the end of round one of lambing! Next round isn't until mid-May! *cry* lol. I'll just have to work on taming down Alice and Wendy...I think Abu will end up having to go to a fiber home, he's just TOO tame! And there's nothing I can do about it! He SCREAMS at you when you walk by and don't pet him :( Anyway, here's pics!


10 comments:

Sharrie said...

That little guy came out all ready to go, horns and everything! Good looking lambs!

Michelle said...

Poor March; that had to hurt! Maybe she was waiting so long just trying to deliver that pokey thing....

Becky Utecht said...

Congratulations Rayna! Poor March, it's about time!

Laura said...

I'm glad that March finally lambed! I have had horn buds on ram lambs like that and I don't like them to be so developed-could rip mom? If Abu is nice you could still sell/use him for breeding. Most of my rams were tame and played with as lambs and none of the ones I bred that I have kept were/are mean. I have had 5 different Shetland rams (from 3 diff. farms) that were not tame and 3 were VERY mean-they became sausages! I think temperament depends on genetics and how they are handled. (While my rams are tame I don't let them play but me or jump up on me!)

Kara said...

I think Laura has a great point. There is a good balance between too friendly and too wild. Tame but with good manners is my goal. Otherwise I think you put yourself at risk either way. Cute lambs - congrats.

Teresa said...

Yay! Babies at last. But I must say, I'm totally smitten with that little black cutie pie, Mater. He his adorable. Rest now until the next round of babies!

Karen said...

Nice lambs, Rayna- I'm looking forward to your next round of lambs, too!

Jenny Holden said...

Well done March! That bottom photo has interesting colours in it! How's that little lamb going to turn out?

Rayna said...

He'll be an Ag fawn kat for sure...but not sure if he'll be modified or not. We will see!

Terri D. said...

Lamb #1 - OUCH! Poor March! And Lamb #2 - What a handsome fella! Congrats!